Week 8 Styling your pitch: presentations
This period will be about your 3-minute presentations where you share your ideas for the essay with your peers.
Your presentation must include the following:
– a research question (what is your investigation about / what is your focus / why are you asking the research question)?
–keep your question focused on your fandom example, rather than making it too broad
– identify the 5 key words of your question (one of these will be your case study)
– research methods (your research question will lead you to make research choices, including your methodologies … you should explain these)
– identify your primary and secondary research
– key authors and texts (you should introduce and evaluate key thinkers/texts you rely to expand your knowledge of the subject area and use in support of your analysis)
– bring images and identify the part they will play in your answer
– artefacts/images relating to your elected fandom (these are what you use in your argument, not just for decoration).
WE WILL WORKSHOP THESE PRESENTATIONS – SO PLEASE PREPARE THEM. IF YOU COME WITHOUT PREPARATION, THIS WILL PREVENT YOU BENEFITING FROM THE WORKSHOP, AS WE WILL FOCUS ON THOSE WHO HAVE.
YOUR FEEDBACK WILL BE IN SUPPORT OF IMPROVING THESE AREAS IN READINESS FOR QUESTIONS YOU HAVE IN WEEK 9